#WomensWednesdays highlights Bahamian women and our experiences in The Bahamas, specific to our identities including gender, race, sexuality, age, and ability. Held once per month at minimum, the events will draw women together to have conversations that bring our individual lives into focus while connecting to family, community, and national narratives.
#WomensWednesdays intentionally centers and prioritizes women and girls, and is open to the public through in-person events, livestreams, and social media activity. It is a collaborative effort of Equality Bahamas and the National Art Gallery of The Bahamas to create a safe space for knowledge-building, idea-sharing, critical dialogue, and movement-building.
The holidays are behind us, resolutions have been made for many, and most of 2018 is ahead of us. It's a good time to talk about women's health and wellness, taking our whole beings into consideration.
Our conversation will be guided by these questions:
- What is the difference between health and wellness?
- What options exists for people who want to live and be well, but don't have much money?
- Where do physical and mental health intersect?
- What everyday practices should we adopt to improve overall health and wellness?
- What should we be advocating for to make complete healthcare accessible for all women?
Never been to a Womens' Wednesdays event? Watch last month's session on Money here: https://vimeo.com/246983182