Today’s post is our full interview with Bahamian artist, Toby Lunn! Instead of choosing a few questions to answer, one of our lovely visitors kindly requested that we display footage for all of the questions. We hope you enjoy the interview. The questions from the interview are displayed below the video for your viewing pleasure.
1. Did you always wanted to be an artist?
2. What inspired your work?
3. What is your medium of choice? Why?
4. Least favorite and why?
5. Is there a connection between religion and your work?
6. Lifestyle versus profession?
7. When did you know you were an artist? You’re arrival?
8. What is an artist?
9. What would you do if were not creating art?
10. Favorite color? Any?
11. Technique styles, what is your process?
12. Do you think you can ruin a painting? What do you do when it happens?
13. If you could display your artwork anywhere, where would it be? Include location and art institution.
14. How important is classical training to an artist in your opinion?
15. Right- brain versus left-brain? What does this mean? Which are you, right, left or in the middle?
16. You are inspired by the Burnside brothers, Max Taylor and of course Kendal Hanna. What inspiration do you draw from these artists?
Feel free to send us a comment or email, we look forward to hearing from you!