The Education & Administrative Assistant is a full-time position at the National Art Gallery of The Bahamas (NAGB) and assists all team members in the Education & Outreach Department and the office of the Executive Director with administrative duties.
The position will be guided by the Executive Director and the Education & Outreach Manager and will report directly to the latter. Two days a week will be spent on administrative work for the Executive Director and three days on duties for the Education Department, which will include on site educational programming as well as offsite outreach programmes. The workweek will be limited to 40 hours, however some of the hours will be accrued on Saturdays or Sundays. Duties include computer data and file management in the office, processing paperwork related to imports, transcription and record-keeping, library maintenance and support and direct program assistance for selected educational programmes that take place at NAGB or offsite. The Education & Administrative will work with the Executive Director, museum staff, interns, program volunteers, and the entire Education & Outreach team to support these and other program initiatives and must be an individual of the highest competency, discretion and trustworthiness and be as content with organisation and filing, as with hands on activities.
• Support the Executive Director with filing and data management
• Assist the Executive Director with paperwork related to artwork imports and duty waivers on incoming art supplies.
• Assist the Executive Director with the transcription of meeting notes, the preparation and execution of memos and other secretarial duties.
• Assist Executive Director with implementation and maintenance of record systems for Board Meetings, Audits, and other managerial items.
• Support the maintenance of and assist in facilitating the use of library, including cataloging, tracking reservations and assisting with research.
• Support Field Trip and Tour Programs, including scheduling tour dates, coordinating NAGB tour leaders, and assisting with pre- or post-visits, tracking, evaluations and follow-up as necessary.
• Support the NAGB Docent Program, Traveling Exhibition and Mixed Media Art Summer Camp as needed with maintenance of the volunteer database, scheduling of volunteers, data entry, filing, communications and other related duties.
• Attend weekly Education Department and General staff meetings. Keep meeting notes, assist in preparing agendas.
• Assist with setup, breakdown, and program oversight of NAGB Education & Outreach Programs as required.
• Attend Museum programs and special events as required.
• Assist with social media postings as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training and experience.
• Demonstrated office and program experience.
• Knowledge of databases and/or registrations systems, or willingness and ability to learn.
• Ability to work a schedule that supports the Education and Outreach Department and Executive Director, including some flexible and variable hours, such as weekends and evenings
• Ability to assist with event set-up and clean-up, including lifting and moving items of moderate weights and sizes.
• Fluency and excellent written skills in the English language.
• Training or demonstrated interest in museum studies, arts or education administration is preferred.
All applicants must submit the following by email, to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5:00 p.m. Thursday, January 17 th:
Cover letter highlighting the applicant’s interest and suitability for the position.
Current résumé and copies of qualifications and certificates.
Three (3) professional references.
Copy of one form of national ID, including either National Insurance Card, Passport or Driver’s License.
Queries may also be sent to email@example.com.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED FOR CONSIDERATION. Application Deadline: 5:00 p.m. Thursday, January 17 th