The National Art Gallery of The Bahamas (NAGB) is seeking a candidate for a full time Store Manager and Accountant position. The opportunity is suitable for a personable and professional individual with great attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
The duties of the Store Manager and Accountant will include overseeing the store, in terms of organising the merchandise and tracking inventory, monitoring and organising store staff, interacting with visitors, selling tickets and answering general questions about the NAGB and its exhibitions. The candidate will make recommendations to seasonal themes and bring new ideas to make the Mixed Media Museum Store a shopping destination for visitors and locals.
The position will also bear the responsibility of tracking incoming and outgoing invoices for the entire institution, executing Quickbooks Premier and Quickbooks Point of Sale, in addition to filing quarterly VAT. In the future, the store will expand in size as the NAGB grows and will include more options for food and refreshments, so experience in food services and personnel management is strongly recommended. The candidate must have knowledge of the institution itself, its mission and vision, and must be able to work under his or her own initiative.
Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results;
Maintains store staff by orienting, training and monitoring;
Achieves financial objectives for Mixed Media store by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions;
Identifies current and future customer needs and requirements by establishing rapport with actual customers.
Ensures availability of merchandise and services by maintaining inventories, receiving and tracking via Quickbooks Point of Sale (POS).
Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional sales promotion; authorising clearance sales; studying market trends.
Markets merchandise by considering advertising, sales promotion, and displays, especially seasonal and exhibition-related.
Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
Maintains excellent records of sales (tickets, merchandise) and other NAGB revenue streams (donations, rentals and duty waivers) and expenses both related to the store via Quickbooks POS and the institution via Quickbooks Premier.
· Track invoice payments and wire transfers for the institution in QuickBooks Premier, recording cheque numbers and other details.
· Record quarterly vendor payouts and produce inventory summaries.
· Create invoices in QuickBooks Premier
· Cash handling and creating night deposit bags
· Reconcile deposits and wires in QuickBooks Premier
· Create the quarterly VAT log of institutional expenses
Qualified candidate will possess:
· Minimum 5 years experience in retail or service industry.
· Current knowledge of Quickbooks Premiere and Quickbooks POS.
· Previous work experience in food services industry.
· Excellent verbal communication, organisational & interpersonal skills.
· Excellent written and oral skills.
· Be self-motivated, ability to multitask effectively to ensure proper workflow.
· Interest in meeting people and providing friendly and efficient customer service in professional manner
· A keen interest in the NAGB’s mission.
Please send the following documents in support of your application:
1. CV or résumé – no more than 2 pages.
2. Letter of Intent – 1 page
3. Two (2) letters of good character
Selection Process: The selection process will include evaluation of applications in relation to minimum requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the interview round. Only applicants whose qualifications most closely meet the needs of the department will be invited for an interview. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline for applications: Monday, July 29th, 2019